The Information Technology Department was established in response to the growing demand for the use of IT within the Hospital environment. The mission for IT in Lady Reading Hospital is to provide comprehensive, integrated information services which enable the Hospital to meet its medical and business responsibilities as a healthcare provider serving the community in Pakistan.
The Computer Department provides information technology services to the Hospital.
- Is responsible for the day-to-day operational support of Hospital systems.
- Is responsible for the procurement/design of application software packages in line with authorised policy decisions.
- Implements these packages in conjunction with vendor personnel.
- Trains hospital users and develops system interfaces to link various packages into a consistent whole.
- Provides day-to-day support with the routine running of the computer systems in the Hospital.
- Supports the hardware and software which is in use within the Hospital.
The Information Technology Department (IT) is responsible for all network, computer, and health information systems at Lady Reading Hospital. IT is tasked with making sure Lady Reading Hospital is utilizing the most advanced and relevant Information Technology available to assist in bringing you the highest and most sophisticated level of care possible. Another responsibility of IT is to ensure the systems and equipment implemented in the hospital improves hospital efficiency, patient safety, and information interoperability.